We have all been hurt. You can’t be an adulator teen alive today who has not experienced an emotional pain. But the greatest victory will be letting go of the hurt and moving on.
Letting go seems a lot easier but moving on is noted till date to be the hardest part of it all.
Let’s discuss possible signs which tells you it is time to move on and also ways to let go of hurts.
Major signs that tell you it is time to let go include, to mention but a few, there are a lot but we will be dealing on few.
1. When you force a smile to mask the pain: Life is joyful but when you rely on what another has done and then it begins to kill your joy on your inside.
2. When you get to a point of wishing and hoping for things to get better (this applies majorly to relationships)
3. When you have lost passion: This is when you are weighed down so bad that you can almost not think of doing anything you love.
4. A perfect sign to know it’s just that time to let go is when you feel exhausted emotionally, spiritually and physically.
5. When you start losing who you are and stop dreaming.
A hurt is more like a cut in the flesh, but the ability for us to believe it can heal and work with that mind-set is what matters. Let us now discuss HOW TO LET GO OF HURTS having spotted the signs and noted the dangers it can cause to us and the future ahead of us.
1. Forgive yourself: No matter who or what went wrong, the greatest step to letting go is forgiving yourself.
2. Reconnect with who you truly are: Invest your time building who you truly are and let aside all that the hurt caused you.
3. Remember the bad as well as the good: When we begin to question ourselves, why this ever happened, think of the good reasons you got involved.
4. Focus on the present, the here and the now: The past is gone, we must put in our best for today, rather than keep drowning in the past.
5. Make the decision to let go: It is a difficult decision but then it is one that must be made, nothing is worth stealing our joy.
6. Create separation: Separate yourself from that which hurt you. You need some time to think and come back.
7. Express our pain and responsibility: Express the pain the hurt made you feel either directly to the person, or letting it go.
8. Change the people around you: Some people come into our life just to strengthen you, so you can move on without them.
9. Take full control of your life: No one else but God is responsible for your life and if you do not take some measures to remain happy, you will lose to the measures of wallowing in pain.
10. Forgive them: We may not find it easy to forgive another person’s bad behaviour, but we definitely have to forgive. To err is human and to forgive is divine.
More often than not it is not easy to let go and move on, but then do not let the fear of the unknown keep you from a bright future. Letting go is easy but moving on people say is difficult, remember do not just think of the now, think of the future.
As I conclude this series, I will share a quote that inspired me while preparing for this.
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose. – Lyndon B. Johnson
I personally leave you with this.
You could cry yourself a river but then remember to build a bridge so as to easily get you through the river of tears.
It isn’t easy but it definitely is worth it.
Many thanks once again for the privilege.