Romans 12:1-2 (nlt) “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice – the kind he will accept. When you think of what he has done for you, is this too much to ask? Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.”
2. Accept that God has designed sex to ultimately lead to orgasm therefore boundaries (safeguards) have to be set.
Song of Solomon 1:2 “Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth – for your love is more delightful than wine.”
Proverbs 5:18-19 (nkj) “Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice with the wife of your youth. As a loving deer and a graceful doe, let her breasts satisfy you at all times; and always be enraptured with her love.”
Suggestions for boundaries:
– Eliminate alone time in private rooms, cars or wherever you could get into trouble physical.
– Change the scene, do something else.
– Make yourself accountable to someone.
Pornography is evil, poisons mind, emotions, soul. Pornography is addictive, it obsesses you.
– Re commit yourself to purity
– Be in total agreement
– Be accountable to each other and to a close friend (for those people to ask specific questions and pray for you)
3. Casual sexual intimacies are not on for the Christian.
1 Corinthians 7:8-9 (nlt) “Now I say to those who aren’t married and to widows – it’s better to stay unmarried, just as I am. But if they can’t control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It’s better to marry than to burn with lust.”
Do you think Sex before Marriage is OK if you love each other?
On your wedding night which of the following would you prefer as a partner:
1. A person who has had lots of sexual experience with other people?
2. A person who you know is really good in bed, because you have tried it already.
3. A person who has no experience and they have been faithfully waiting for you.
We need to acknowledge there are consequences in going too far
Galatians 6:7-8 (nlt)“Don’t be misled. Remember that you can’t ignore God and get away with it. You will always reap what you sow! Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful desires will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.”
1 Corinthians 6:18 (nlt) “Run away from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.”
What do you do about guilt?
Guilt is a warning light. Don’t ignore it. Pray, confess and receive forgiveness.
We can know the redeeming and keeping power of Christ
1 John 1:9 (nlt) “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.”
Jude 24 (nlt) “And now, all glory to God, who is able to keep you from stumbling, and who will bring you into his glorious presence innocent of sin and with great joy.”